Monday, April 1, 2013

#AtoZChallenge Angels

This year for the annual A to Z Challenge, I took some time in March to ask my followers on various social networks to share some of their favorite authors, books, and genres. I don't read a lot of books about angels, but readers had a couple of favorite books to share with me. I will have to check out some of them! I have heard of the first two of these books, but not the third. 

Click on a cover for more reader reviews and to purchase on Amazon. I have included the Amazon blurb for each one.

A daughter’s mistake.
A mother’s wrath.
An impossible choice.

Sophie’s plans were simple: Leave the supernatural behind and raise a child of her own creation. For twenty years life couldn’t have been better, until the day her daughter showed up on her doorstep bloodied and bruised. They say, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” But the wrath of a mother, whose only desire was to protect her child, is unfathomable. Those pure of heart can rest easy. However, if you carry the slightest tinge of darkness, beware the Higher Calling.


Recommended for readers. 15+

Lucy Donovan was supposed to have a weekend of fun in the sun, celebrating her upcoming graduation from college. In a split second, everything changed. A drunk driver ended Lucy's mortal life.

Lucy opens her eyes to a world she never imagined possible and a new destiny: as a Patronus, a guardian of spirits. Adjusting to her new role and abilities while negotiating this confusing realm will test her limits and push her further than she ever dreamed she would go. From wayward spirits who don't want her help to soul stealing vampires, and even a stuck-up British royal, Lucy must brave them all to save one spirit she can't bear to lose.


Further complicating her confusing life is an inexplicable yet growing connection she feels to a member of her team, Max, whose mysterious behavior leaves her both confused and intrigued.


Waking up dead was just the beginning of her problems. Lucy's death is about to become the greatest adventure of her life.


What happens when Darkness and Light collide?

Seventeen is a life changing age for Emma Wise.
As her family's sole survivor in a car crash, she is left with a broken arm, and a few scrapes and bruises. But these are only outward marks; inside, her heart is broken and the pieces scattered.

Whisked away to Alaska, to an aunt she’s never met, Emma starts over. Secrets unveil themselves and now…she doesn't even know who or what she is.

A centuries old prophecy places Emma in the heart of danger. Creatures of horrifying and evil proportions are after her, and it will take Emma, her aunt, and six, gorgeously, captivating Guardians to keep her safe. But, if she can survive until her eighteenth birthday... things will change.


Which of these have you read? What are some of your favorite books about angels?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those. thanks for sharing them. Great to meet you! Happy A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read many angel books but I think there should be more of them. I'd rather read about angels than demons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the A-Z Challenge. As to books about Angels, I'm stumped. Guess I'll have to make note of the ones you've featured here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't read any of these, but they sound interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm I haven't read any of those but I've met Sarah M Ross at a book event :)

    My favorite Angels are from Tes Hilaire's Paladin Warrior series and JR Ward's Fallen Angels. I know I've read some others but just can't put my finger on them at the moment. I tend to like the fallen Angels the best :) Highly entertaining most of the time.

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.