Friday, January 4, 2013

Interview with Jessica Gibson, Author of 'Chasing the Witch'


Welcome to the book tour for Chasing the Witch by Jessica Gibson! My friend was kind enough to answer some more questions for us today. Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the series!

Caroline and Jilly are very different. Which one was easier to write?  

At first it was Jilly, she was so easy, everything just flowed out of me. The second book, Caroline sort of stole the show. She had such a clear voice and personality.

Any hint as to what we should look for in the next installment, or any indication as to when we will see it?  

Oh gosh, I would love to be able to say soon, but it probably won't be until late spring or early summer. I have a start on it, and a good outline, but the other characters in my head are screaming for attention.

How did writing this series differ from your new series 'Blood Ties' and 'School Spirits'?  

The Boston Witches series is good clean fun lol. That’s how I think of it. There’s the romance, and some adventure thrown in. The School Spirits series will be similar in that sense, it’s a YA series, so it’s clean and fun. I’m having a blast writing it. The Blood Ties series....that one is gritty, and dark. My vampires are not the cuddly sort. I think for me, after writing the 2 Witch books, I needed something totally different to work on.

If you could turn The Boston Witches into a TV or movie series, which actors would you like to see play each character?  

I would love to see Christina Hendrick’s play Jilly, Olivia Wilde to be Caroline, Henry Cavil as William, and Matt Bomer as Patrick.

You work closely with a number of other authors. Who should readers be checking out these days?  

So many! Andrea DiGiglio, Stephanie Nelson, Melissa Lummis, Lola James, C.G. Powell, Liz Schulte, Tawdra Kandle, Wenona Hulsey, Tiffany A. White, M.R Polish, Karie Hendon, C.M. Rawdon. Those are all some very talented ladies!!! I’m proud to know each and every one of then

Who has inspired you the most in your writing? 

I wouldn't say any one person has inspired me the most. I learn something from all of the author’s I interact with. I would say that Andrea DiGiglio has probably inspired me a lot. It’s because of her that the Blood Ties series is even out lol. I’ve said it before, she is the dark to my light.

Did you make any New Years Resolutions?  

No, I never make those lol. I always try and be the best me that I can be, that’s all I can do :)

What is something readers may be surprised to learn about you?  

Hmmmm.....I have worn an eye-patch twice in my life. The first time I was 3 and my brother thought the tilex was magic water and sprayed me in the eye. The second time I was a junior in high school and was being pulled behind a boat in a tube and the rope snapped and smacked me in the eye.

Anything else you would like to share? 

Just that I love you all! I wouldn't be anything without you all. Thank you for reading my books!

Chasing the Witch

After the events of Mark of the Witch, Jilly at last begins to breathe easier though her powers are still growing. But can she harness them in time to confront a new chain of events that threatens to change everything?

Caroline has finally accepted her life as a witch, but when a stranger comes into her life she's forced to question her family loyalty.

The sisters are thrown together to protect a young girl from the enemy determined to hunt her down. Can they save her -- and themselves?  

Purchase on Amazon / Kindle / Barnes & Noble

Follow on Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads / Literary Addicts   

Want to know more about Jessica? You can read an earlier interview with her here.

Follow the Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.