Thursday, January 17, 2013

Interview with Ava Catori, Author of 'More Than I Wanted'

 
Welcome to the virtual book tour for More Than I Wanted, hosted by Enchanted Book Promotions. Take a few minutes to find out more about author Ava Catori, in this interview.


What was the inspiration for your book?

As funny as it sounds, the cover was the inspiration for the book. I was actually looking for something else, but when I saw it, I wanted to write a story. I’m very visual, so when I see a great picture, I want to put words to it. It had a sexy vibe, and my brain just started firing up ideas.

Which characters spoke to you the most?

I loved writing Kate. I adore first person, so I can get into the head of the characters, and usually my main characters are the ones that I really grab onto.

To which character do you best relate?

Oh, absolutely Kate. I started to ask myself how I’d feel if somebody I was falling in love with was about to go away, and how I’d handle it. When you’re writing a character, you can’t help but put a piece of yourself into them, and that helps me relate to what I’m writing.

What other projects do you have in the works?

I’m currently working on two novels. One is called “Quality Candy” and the other is the next piece of Kate and Austin’s story, called “All That I Need”. The “Quality Candy” story looks at a girl that has to face her past, to deal with her future. She thought her past was behind her, but it sneaks up on her when she least expects it, and it sets her on a new path. I also have two audio books coming out shortly - this story "More Than I Wanted" and another called "Compulsive Desires".

I once read that if you can write a short story, you can write anything. What are your opinions on this statement?

All stories have a beginning, middle, and end, whether they are short or long. The biggest difference between the two is how deeply you become involved in the story and characters, and your pacing is different. I love writing in all forms, so short or long, if I can craft a good story, I’m happy. A writer wants to write. Length is simply one choice.

Describe your ultimate romantic lead.

My ultimate romantic lead would have to be a man secure enough with his masculinity to let his woman be herself. He would have to respect and love his woman, and understand people have flaws. Intelligence and raw passion are a nice combination, and the ability to laugh at himself, not taking life too seriously. I like a confident man that has a little swagger, but isn’t arrogant. I don’t want perfection in my romantic leads, I want room for growth, inner strength, and of course a rock hard body doesn’t hurt! He should stand up for what he believes in, but not be a bully and push his views on others. I guess my romantic lead would be somebody that echoes reality, in a nice combination of knowing when to be tough, and knowing when to be tender.

When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I’ve been writing as long as I can remember, but I didn’t sit down and say, I’m going to do this for a living. I tend to go where the wind blows me, and my path has varied a lot over the years. When the opportunity came up to follow my passion, I took it. I haven’t looked back, and am enjoying the process.

What are the best parts about writing?

I love the flexibility of my schedule, but I also love breathing life into a character and story. It’s satisfying to finish a story that’s both engaging and tells a good tale.

What are the most difficult aspects of writing?

I’d say one of the hardest things about writing is learning to create a habit. You have to write often, and keep writing. When you stop for too long, it’s hard to rebuild that habit. Once you’re in a flow or pattern, it’s easy to keep the momentum going, and the words keep coming. Commitment to writing more words is one of the most difficult things to achieve for many writers.

What is something readers may be surprised to learn about you?

Surprising? I’m terribly boring! I have completed three half marathons. That surprises some people. It was an amazing accomplishment for me. I was quite proud that I stuck in there, and then did it again, and again. Running taught me perseverance, which has helped me with my writing.

Anything else you would like to share?

Thank you for taking the time to interview me. If you enjoy one of my stories, I hope you’ll give another a try. Thank you again.


Author Bio

Ava Catori spends her days tied to her keyboard, being happiest there. With a passion for storytelling, she gets lost in the details of building characters and analyzing their thoughts. With a conversational tone, she entertains with fast, fun reads. There’s nothing she likes more than putting a couple together, only to tear them apart so they can find their way back to one another.

Ava resides in New Jersey, but sneaks away to Florida as often as she's able. She’s happily married to a patient man, who has the ability to sustain long hours of rambling thoughts spilling from her non-stop. With the company of three dogs and a cat, she sets her writing schedule around their inability to coordinate their potty breaks.

To see what’s next, be sure to visit AvaCatori.com

Buy links: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | All Romance | Smashwords  

1 comment:

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.